CATHOLIC WHAT IT MEANS IN BUSINESS
and in a business school
What does it mean to be Catholic in the world of business? This is a very simple question, generally provoking heated reactions. How can there be in corporations disciples of the poor carpenter of Nazareth, who said «woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort» (Lk 6, 24)? The question, although complex and controversial, is pivotal for a Business School inside a Catholic University.
This brief essay summarizes the answers given by the Social Doctrine of Church, explaining the attitudes and guidelines to be applied in the concrete life and actions of the faithful.
Table of Contents
I. The meaning of Christian life
1. A true but partial answer
2. The Christian view of reality
3. The Christian view of economics
4. The social doctrine of the Church
II. The meaning of Christian business
1. The first element of business: labour
2. The second element of business: property
3. The third element of business: competition