This second cognitive stimulation therapy manual is for people who want to make a difference to the quality of life of the people with dementia that they work with. It builds on the success and popularity of the Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) program by providing 24 more group sessions that are grounded in scientific research and can be used in nursing homes, day care centers, hospitals and community settings. The Program will:
- Encourage people to be active and engaged
- Promote new ideas, thoughts and associations
- Help guide people
- Focus on people's strengths
- Use reminiscences sensitively
- Providing clues and prompts to help concentration and memory
- Ensuring continuity and consistency from session to session
- Stimulate language and executive functions
- Encourage person-centered care, respect, and involvement
- Promote choice, interpersonal relationships, and fun...
... all with the goal of maximizing each person's potential.