Alexandra Nogueira | Ana Barbosa | Ana Barrocas | Ana Maria da Costa Oliveira | Ana Rita Goes | Bárbara Mourão Sacur | Dora Pereira | Eliana Gersão | Elisete Diogo | Francisco Branco | Madalena Alarcão | Mariana Pereira da Silva | Marta Pedro | Paulo Guerra | Rita Francisco | Rui Godinho | Susana Pimenta
Leaving no one behind
2015 will go down in history as the year in which the 2030 Agenda was defined, consisting of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), , a broad and ambitious agenda that addresses various dimensions of sustainable development.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are organized into 3 main areas:
And reflect 5 guiding principles:
1) People - eradication of poverty and hunger, promotion of dignity and equality;
2) Planet – sustainable consumption and production of food and other goods, figting climate change and managing natural resources;
3) Peace – peaceful, just and inclusive societies, free from fear and violence
4) Prosperity – in personal fulfillment and economic and social progress;
5) and Partnerships – with institutions, companies and people for the global integration of the SDGs and joint action in favor of the most vulnerable.
Representing a common vision for humankind, a contract between world leaders and peoples and “a to do list on behalf of peoples and the planet”.
UCE and SDG
In its role as a university editor, mainly publishing scientific works, Universidade Católica Editora has set as a goal the contextualization of its books within the scope of the Sustainable Development Goals. In this way, any reader will be able to understand what contribution a given work can make to the implementation of each specific Goal.
Learn more at SDG Action Campaign